Achieving more together
The South Lakes Federation is a high performing partnership of secondary schools, a special school, Kendal College and the University of Cumbria. Through working together and by pooling our collective expertise and resources we are better able to meet the individual needs of all young people across the area.
We have a strong tradition of providing an excellent educational experience in each school, committed to the highest standards and the development of individual skills and talents. The outstanding quality of education, the opportunities for young people and the commitment to teacher education across the partnership has led to the South Lakes Federation becoming one of the first Teaching School federations in the country.
Our intention is that…
By working together we will enhance the educational experience of young people in the South Lakes and increase their achievements.
Our aims are…
- To improve the experience and outcomes of all learners in South Lakes schools and the college
- To improve the experience and effectiveness of all staff leading and supporting learning
- To build a climate of trust and cooperation within which the quality of education can be enhanced
A word from Paul Williams, our Chair
The South Lakes Federation stretches across the South Lakes and Eden and is the beating heart of collaboration in this area, collaboration as it is meant to be. The schools, Kendal College and the University of Cumbria working together to help each other and to promote the best interests of all the children in our area.
Key elements of our work include:
- Building on and sharing the strengths of individuals institutions by sharing best practice.
- Working with external partners both regionally and nationally to enhance our work.
- Providing high quality professional development for staff and governors.
- Supporting individual schools and governing bodies in their search for excellence.
- Ensuring collaborative and supportive relationships that makes us all stronger and help our children succeed.