Achieving more together
The South Lakes Federation is a high performing partnership of secondary schools, a special school, Kendal College and the University of Cumbria. Through working together and by pooling our collective expertise and resources we are better able to meet the individual needs of all young people across the area.
We have a strong tradition of providing an excellent educational experience in each school, committed to the highest standards and the development of individual skills and talents. The outstanding quality of education, the opportunities for young people and the commitment to teacher education across the partnership has led to the South Lakes Federation becoming one of the first Teaching School federations in the country.
Our intention is that…
By working together we will enhance the educational experience of young people in the South Lakes and increase their achievements.
Our aims are…
- To improve the experience and outcomes of all learners in South Lakes schools and the college
- To improve the experience and effectiveness of all staff leading and supporting learning
- To build a climate of trust and cooperation within which the quality of education can be enhanced
A word from Alison Wilkinson, our Chair
The South Lakes Federation brings together education providers in the South Lakes and Eden Valley to collaborate in the interests of all the young people who live in our communities. The schools, Kendal College and the University of Cumbria are committed to collaborating openly to improve standards, provide for the needs of young people and to develop the skills of our staff. It is a collaboration based on relationships of trust and openness, founded on the belief that we are stronger when we work together.
Important aspects of our work include:
- A commitment to joint practice development
- Partnerships with regional and national organisations
- High quality professional learning for staff and governors, from Initial Teacher Training to Leadership Development
- Brokered support for schools and governing bodies to work on targeted areas
- Relationships of trust and support for all those involved in the education of young people