Achieving more together
The South Lakes Federation is a high performing partnership of secondary schools, a special school, Kendal College and the University of Cumbria. Through working together and by pooling our collective expertise and resources we are better able to meet the individual needs of all young people across the area.
We have a strong tradition of providing an excellent educational experience in each school, committed to the highest standards and the development of individual skills and talents. The outstanding quality of education, the opportunities for young people and the commitment to teacher education across the partnership has led to the South Lakes Federation becoming one of the first Teaching School federations in the country.
Our intention is that…
By working together we will enhance the educational experience of young people in the South Lakes and increase their achievements.
Our aims are…
- To improve the experience and outcomes of all learners in South Lakes schools and the college
- To improve the experience and effectiveness of all staff leading and supporting learning
- To build a climate of trust and cooperation within which the quality of education can be enhanced
A word from Andrew Lund, our Chair
The South Lakes Federation has secured an excellent regional and national reputation over the last decade. Key factors in achieving this reputation have been effective school collaboration and support as well as high quality professional development for staff and governors.
The changing educational landscape presents some exciting opportunities and challenges for the federation in the next few years. As chair for 2017-18, I intend to continue the successful collaborative tradition by working with colleagues on the following objectives;
- Securing the next phase of SLF development by building on the strengths identified at our strategy meeting in May 2017.
- Supporting individual schools and governing bodies as they consider their own strategic development in the landscape of developing MATs.
- Exploring opportunities for the federation to develop links with external partners both regionally and nationally where this enhances our work.
- Ensuring we continue to offer a high level of professional care, support and challenge to Heads and governing bodies as they strive to continually improve their schools.